Our lovely wide beam boat, Esmerelda, is for sale. We bought her as a brand new boat 4 years ago and have loved living in her since then. She is 60 ft x 13 ft, the widest you can get on the canal.
Esmerelda is configured with two bedrooms, one bathroom with walk in shower and an extremely bright and spacious open plan living area and bespoke fully fitted kitchen.
4x large solar panels provide the power for the boat, and we have 12v and 240v power points throughout ☀️ The dual heating system, one diesel central programmable heating system and the super cosy wood burning stove mean it is always snug and warm, even in winter. The walk in shower has terrific pressure and we have a convenient pump out waste disposal system. There are reclaimed floorboards throughout and we have loved creating a very unique, homely and beautiful space. ❤️ A lot of love has gone into Esmerelda and we are genuinely very sad to see her go 😢
Please click on the photos below to enlarge.
- Name: Esmerelda & Her Adventures
- Constructed by Liverpool Boat Company in 2015
- Hull Number: LIV00326
- CRT Registration: 523661
- Boat Safety Certificate: BSSER-319899/16 - Expires 28/11/2020
- Insured by Craft Insure: Policy: 644447
- River Canal Rescue (RCR) Member Code: 209308
- Cruiser Style Length 18.29 m (60 feet) Width 3.96m (13 feet)
- Construction All Steel – 10:6:5:5
- Storage hatch at front
- Engine bay at rear
- 7 x 18-inch porthole windows on each side
- Canaline/Isuzu 70hp Engine Serial no: EP1500378
- PRM 260 gearbox. No: V015437
- 308 hours running time
- Diesel fuel
- Fuel tank capacity: 295 litres
- Serviced annually
- Last serviced Summer 2018
- 4 NSI (Noble Solar Industries) Solar panels 250watt
- 4 leisure batteries with battery isolation switch
- 12V plugs throughout
- 240v plugs throughout and outside
- 240v hook up plug outside (for permanent mooring)
- Gas installation for gas hob and oven (plus spare gas bottle).
- Morso wood burning stove. Heats radiators on port side. And is sufficient to keep boat warm even throughout winter.
- Diesel Central Heating system - MV Heating (similar to Webasto systems) with documentation. Heats radiators on starboard side and water.
- Calorifier 55L with stainless steel coils to store hot water heated by MV system and engine
- Vintage style radiators in every room
- Howdens units
- Solid oak wood counter top
- Lamona 5-ring gas hob
- Baumatic gas oven
- White ceramic 1.5 sink
- Washing machine
- 727 litre capacity stainless steel water tank
- Water pump Jabsco Parmax
- Pump-out system
- Tank on-board in main bedroom
- Externally painted in Summer 2018
- Lower section blacked in October 2018
- Spray foam insulation
- Battened and ply lined
- Reclaimed pine floor throughout
- 3x Fire Extinguishers
- FireAngel Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- 1x fire blanket
Esmerelda does NOT have a permanent mooring. Her current CRT licence allows “continuous cruising” around the UK inland waterways network. We’ve enjoyed continuous cruising around London as we get to live and experience different parts of the city regularly. We’ve lived in parts of London we could never possibly have done otherwise, like Paddington and Little Venice, Angel Islington and Hackney. We love the diversity and opportunity to see our amazing city from a totally unique perspective.
You can learn more about continuous cruising on the CRT web site.
However, if continuous cruising is not for you, you can always find a permanent mooring. There is plenty more information on the Canal River Trust (CRT) web site if you’re not familiar with living on the waterways.
The is an approximate table of the annual cost of living on Esmerelda. It very much depends on how far you travel, how much wood and gas you burn and how much maintenance is required in a given year which will vary. But overall it’s very inexpensive compared to London rents and bills!
Contact David on 07814 893714 or firstname.lastname@example.org